The past few mornings I have gotten up around 6:30 and rushed out to watch the sunrise. I climbed up on our roof with my camera safely stowed in the pocket of my skirt. And ah! the glorious sight that met my eyes! It was still very dark out, but oh! the orange of the sun was brilliant, and purple of the sky was soft and hazy. It was lovely....
And then the sky turned magenta!! With soft purples mixed in near the top.
~~<~>~~
Then on the Lord's Day, I got up early again and waited for the sun to rise higher in the sky. After I had gotten dressed for church I ran out into the field and lo! The morning was so gorgeous!! *sigh* I spent several minutes drinking it in before I remembered to take a picture.
See what I mean? :)
Dew drops have always held a fascination with me. I love them :)
Especially on spider webs :)
Out in the field there are a few cactus plants, and just a few of them have started to bud. And in the early morning when the dew is heavy, they are gorgeous!
(Am I using the words gorgeous and lovely too often? I hope not, because I find them so fitting! But if I am, and it's beginning to annoy you, then please feel free to offer other words I should use to expand my vocabulary :)
(Am I using the words gorgeous and lovely too often? I hope not, because I find them so fitting! But if I am, and it's beginning to annoy you, then please feel free to offer other words I should use to expand my vocabulary :)
These tiny weeds were so pretty with their teensy dew drops, that I couldn't resist trying to capture a picture of them.
Night blooming Jasmine...
Dewy grass....
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
When through the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees,
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.
And when I think that God His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I will bow in humble adoration
And there proclaim, my God how Great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
~~~>~~<~>~~<~~~
O for a thousand tongues to sing
My Great Redeemer's praise,
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace!
In Christ Jesus,
~Sadie~
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made,
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
When through the woods and forest glades I wander
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees,
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.
And when I think that God His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in,
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I will bow in humble adoration
And there proclaim, my God how Great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God, to Thee;
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
~~~>~~<~>~~<~~~
O for a thousand tongues to sing
My Great Redeemer's praise,
The glories of my God and King,
The triumphs of His grace!
In Christ Jesus,
~Sadie~



Very pretty pictures! The cactus bloom was my favorite. :) And I have a vocabulary word to offer! (Not that yours were getting on my nerves, but new words are always useful. :) "Exquisite." The cactus bloom was vibrant and exquisite. :) Or enchanting, whichever you prefer. :P :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, thanks for the post! :)
Thank you, Gracie! Exquisite is a perfect word for the dew drops on the cactus blossom! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures...they are all so beautiful! Maybe it's a good thing that I don't have a camera that will take such good close up shots, because then there surely would be no end to the pictures I would take!
ReplyDeleteAnd I love sunrise and sunset photos...
Katherine, I know what you mean!! I confess that I take entirely too many pictures. But it's what I love to do! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat kind of camera do you have? Mine is a canon. :)