Hot Apple Pie. . .
Well, here it is. I'm finally getting around to doing this. I've been wanting to do this for a while.
What is "this" she's talking about, you ask? Well, here lately I've been wanting to post some pictures of some of the yummy home-cooked meals we've been making. And in thinking along those lines, I thought,
"Now why post pictures for people to drool over (if one is in the habit of drooling over pictures of food anyways ;) if they can't make it themselves?" So I thought I'd post the recipe along with the food.
So without further ado... here is my recipe for,
Apple Pie
Step one: Apples.
For this recipe you will need 6 cups of thinly sliced apples.
(I doubled this)
Now, I chose to use 3 different kinds of apples this time. I used Granny Smith, Fuji, and Gala.
I had some fun hand peeling the apples....
Until Mama came in with a better idea...
The Apple-Peeler-Corer-Slicer :D
And it did a fine job too!
Now comes step two: Spices.
Combine 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup cornstarch, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg,
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt into a big bowl. Then mix in your apples.
Doesn't that look good? :)
Let the mixture set for a little while so it'll get nice and juicy.
Step three: Pie crust.
This step is very easy! The secret is... *drum roll*...
I use store bought pie crust. It's that simple :)
Now I do a lattice top crust. I think it looks much nicer than a normal crust.
Some people might think that making a lattice top is a tedious undertaking, but really it's very easy. And I will show you how to do it...
Simply slice the dough, each slice doesn't have to be exact, just thin. I hope you can tell by the pictures.
Then just lay the first layer like this.
Now for the crisscross.


See how easy it is? :)
Just roll the edges in and your done! :)
Step four: Put the pies in the oven.Hard step isn't it? ; )Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
And there it is! :D A nice, hot apple pie. I hope y'all enjoy!
In Christ Jesus,~Sadie~
I like all the photos of the process! Looks very yummy- I love apple pie :)
ReplyDelete~Sadie
Thanks, Sadie! I had a lot of fun taking them. :)
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! :)
ReplyDeleteThat looks so good. I make apple pie sometimes, but I don't put the dough on top. That looks like it would probably be very hard.
ReplyDelete♥Godsgirlz1♥
godsgirlz1♥
Godsgirl, thanks for dropping by!
ReplyDeleteActually, the top crust isn't really hard when you make a lattice top. I hope that you will try it sometime. :)
I will have to sometime. :) Once my mom tells me how to do it. :P
ReplyDeletegodsgirlz1.wordpress.com